RØDE microphones NTG5 broadcast shotgun mic
Posted on: Thursday 24th of October 2019
RØDE Microphones says the NTG5 “sets a new standard for the range. Featuring a groundbreaking acoustic port design providing superior progressive wave interference, ultra-lightweight construction, and crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound, the NTG5 is a revolution in shotgun microphone design aimed at the professional user.”
RØDE says their shotgun design concept has been completely overhauled, with circular acoustic ports replacing the linear slots found in some shotgun mics. The design is the result of many months of specialised acoustic testing that began during the development of the TF5 – the Australian mic-manfacturer’s new premium small diaphragm condenser mic designed in collaboration with legendary engineer Tony Faulker. The TF5’s capsule features a unique perforated acoustic vent design and this breakthrough “lead us to completely reimagine the NTG5’s design” the company say, with acoustic perforations employed along the length of the microphone.
The NTG5 features a short, lightweight aluminium body weighing in at just 76g, which is sure to make it a favourite for boom operators.
• Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm), making
it far easier to handle on set than other shotgun mics, especially when used on a
• Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA, making it ideal
for location recording, professional filmmaking, and other critical recording
• Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response.
• RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse
• Comes in a complete location recording kit with windshield, pistol grip and other accessories – the NTG5 is ready to take into the field right out of the box.