Universal Audio new Apollo X Thunderbolt 3 interfaces – Mac & Windows
Posted on: Wednesday 10th of October 2018
Featuring all-new, “elite-class” A/D-D/A conversion and HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing — which according to Universal Audio yield 50% more DSP for running UAD-Powered plug-ins in real time.
The new Apollo X Interface Series also features:
• Near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison technology (Apollo x6, x8, x8p)
• Switchable +24 / +20 dBu operation for optimal connection with professional studio equipment
• Supported surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
• Integrated talkback microphone and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
• Included “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-ins: 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-R Classic Bass Amp, and more.
Apollo | x16 — $3,499
The flagship 18 x 20 interface is claimed to have “the widest dynamic range (133 dB) and lowest THD+N (-129 dB) of any Thunderbolt audio interface on the market”.
Apollo | x8p — $2,999
Apollo x8p features eight Unison-enabled mic preamps, allowing producers and engineers to track drums and larger projects through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, and more. The 18 x 22 Apollo x8p has a claimed 129dB dynamic range and switchable +24 dBu headroom settings.
Apollo | x8 — $2,499
Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, making it the ideal studio centerpiece for music producers, project, and post-production studios.
Apollo | x6 — $1,999
Apollo x6 is ideal for electronic music producers and post-production studios, featuring two Unison-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs, 129 dB dynamic range, 5.1 Surround support, and 16 x 22 connectivity.
Apollo X interfaces include the “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.